When it comes to activities that have benefitted from the growth of the internet, none have seen their popularity swell as quickly as internet poker. There’s no question the internet has elevated the stature of poker to a competitive, internationally renown and acceptable activity that in the past was mired in a dubious reputation of being laced with crooks and mob-like connections. But, not anymore.
Todays’ poker enthusiast ranges from auto-mechanic to grandma and everything in between thanks to the ability for all to safely enjoy the game from the privacy of their own home and guaranteeing some degree of anonymity through the internet. BonusHitlist provides the best and most trusted poker sites available and includes great incentives for the first time or seasoned poker enthusiast through the many bonuses offered by these poker rooms.
The filterable results eliminate the guesswork as to what is available to you in your region in addition to any other features you may desire. This feature makes finding the perfect choice for your poker needs a breeze. Whether it is no deposit bonuses, deposit bonuses, high limit, or low stakes poker you are searching for, you’ll find it, right here at BonusHitlist.com in an easy to search format. Give it a try! Shuffle up and deal!
Best Online Poker Sites for Real Money 2024
Full list of all online poker rooms – sort and filter by software, languages, currency, countries allowed, deposit and withdrawal options.
|William Hill Poker
Where is the best place to play online poker?
Want to try your hand at free online poker now? It’s on the game below and it only takes a few seconds before you start enjoying yourself.
Quickly discover this great free poker game in flash and compete against real opponents!
Online poker is a game that brings people from all over the world together, as tens of millions of people, from Canada to New Zealand, from the United Kingdom to USA, play online poker every day.
The very first online poker hand was dealt in 1998, when Planet Poker launched its website. At that time, very few people played poker on the internet. In general, poker was considered a fringe activity.
The world of poker changed completely in 2003 when Chris Moneymaker won the main event of the World Series of Poker, triggering what was called the “poker boom”. Moneymaker had qualified on an online poker site and climbed up the ladder of the tournament which was attended by many top professional players. Millions of people around the world followed in Moneymaker’s footsteps. It is to him that we owe the current craze for poker.
Over the past two decades, the world of online poker has seen many innovations. In addition, online poker sites have had to deal with government regulations and several incidents that have threatened to wipe out their business.
But today, the online poker world is stable and growing. Companies like Bet365, Partypoker and Pokerstars are valued at billions of dollars.
The world of online poker can satisfy everyone
If you’re a professional poker player who wants to make a living online, you can play at eight tables at a time for 10 hours a day. If you’re a casual player who prefers to deposit only a few dollars to play on weekends, you’ll find plenty of opportunities too.
Most people like to play in tournaments because you can expect to make big money for a relatively small investment.
For example, if you decide to play in a tournament with 1,000 players and you pay $2.00 registration fee, you might have a chance to win $500.00 for first place. It’s the possibility of winning big with a small investment that attracts the most people to multi-table tournaments.
If you prefer to play for a shorter time, you might consider participating in a cash game or SNG.
As mentioned above, you can have full confidence in all the poker sites we recommend here.
These poker sites have tens of thousands of employees and the necessary licenses to operate legally in the areas where they are licensed. They are therefore legitimate sites and you should have no concerns about the security of your money.
Most poker sites offer a wide range of ways to deposit and withdraw money. Most sites allow you to make deposits by credit card, Paypal and many other payment methods.
If you make a withdrawal, you will usually receive your money very quickly (within the day, most of the time) depending on the withdrawal method you choose.
Some of the biggest online poker sites are publicly traded companies, usually on the Nasdaq or the London Stock Exchange, such as Pokerstars, William Hill and 888. Online poker can be a very social game. You can usually chat with other players who may come from all over the world. With the ever growing popularity of online poker, more and more countries are starting to legalize it.
Most sites give you the possibility to create private games, which allows you to invite your friends every week, for example.
Most of the sites organize a kind of big weekly tournament to win a very large amount of money.
If you don’t have enough funds to participate directly in these tournaments, sites often offer satellite tournaments where you can win a seat in the weekly big tournament. This can be a great way to participate in a large event for a relatively small amount of money.
If you don’t have any money at all, online poker sites usually offer games called “freeroll”. These are tournaments where registration is free, but where you can win a real money prize. Some of the biggest names in the poker world started playing in these freeroll tournaments in their early days, when they had little or no money.
If you have money to deposit, online poker sites will probably offer you a deposit bonus. This deposit bonus differs from site to site, but the main idea is this: as a thank you, the site you deposited money on will give you a 100% bonus up to a certain amount.
Once you qualify for this bonus, you will have to play real money games to actually receive your bonus. The more you play, the faster you will earn your bonus. Once your bonus is awarded, you can do with it what you want with it.
These sites also usually offer freeroll tournaments that are open to new depositors so that you can accumulate money. Why do these online poker sites offer these benefits for free? It’s simple: the world of online poker is a very competitive business. These sites are therefore forced to offer you big rewards to attract you.
Take advantage of them, but always make sure that you are entitled to all available bonuses.
In addition, many online poker sites will offer you the chance to win bonuses if you play continuously. These bonuses may be in the form of reload bonuses. These bonuses can be called “rakeback” bonuses, where the site will pay you a percentage of the amount you deposit to play.
The world of online poker is extremely captivating and very fun. If you are thinking of getting started, click on the link at the top of this page to join the online poker site we recommend.
The main rules
Whether you play for free or for stakes, it doesn’t matter: if you want to be successful in online poker, you need to have the necessary knowledge. Here is an overview of the main rules of the game:
- The winner is always the player with the strongest hand at the end of the round; or the player with the highest bet that has not been called by any other player. The hand consists of the two starting cards (the player’s own cards) and the community cards, which are valid for all players.
- There are different poker hands with different values: from “Royal Flush” to “High Card” (highest single card). So be sure to find out about the different poker hands and their values before you start playing.
- Poker is played with a mandatory bet. The “big blind” and the “small blind” (Texas and Texas Holdʼem) or the “ante” and the “bring-in” (Seven Card Stud) have a decisive influence on the course of the game. These bets increase during the course of the game.
- The game is played in a clockwise direction; each action in the game has a specific denomination, for example, “Bet”, “Check”, “Call”, “Raise” or “Fold”. You need to understand these terms to be able to compete effectively with other players!
- There are several rounds of betting, which may differ depending on the poker variant. In addition, it is possible to play with various betting limits (the standard: “No Limit” = no limit, “Pot Limit” = pot limit or “Fixed Limit” = fixed limit).
- All-in: By choosing this action, the player risks the whole thing and bets ALL on his current hand.
Warning: These rules are only the absolute basics of online poker. In order to understand the many facets and variations of this game, it is essential to read the rules and practice.
Playing poker like a pro – Our advice
In principle, in online poker as well as at the real gaming tables, it is often the experience that is decisive; even if at the beginning you can rely a little on beginner’s luck.
If you want to enjoy the game, you should therefore pay attention to the following points:
- Continuity is the key to success. In poker, the goal is not to win a round in a hurry, but rather to achieve good and lasting results. So don’t give up too quickly if you don’t always get it right the first time. Do your best, even if your hand doesn’t look good enough. If you can keep a cool head, vary your game (sometimes cautious, sometimes risk-averse) and become incalculable, you’ll quickly gain the upper hand.
- A little math. Real poker pros know which starting hands have the best chance of winning, so they can make the right strategic decisions over the long term. If you know how to calculate your chances of winning and recognize someone bluffing while showing your “poker face”… success could be waiting for you around the corner.
- Avoid the tilt. Every great poker player fears it. “To tilt means to lean. It is said that you tilt when you are going through a phase where you just lose, where you can no longer control your emotions, and where mistakes increase. The art is all about keeping a cool head.