What is Dragon Bonus in Baccarat?

Dragon Bonus is an optional side bet in the classic game of Baccarat. It is based on the outcome of the initial two cards dealt to the Player hand. This bet pays out at true odds, meaning that the house does not have an edge. It is a popular side bet for players who are looking for an extra thrill when playing Baccarat.

How Does Dragon Bonus Work in Baccarat?

The Dragon Bonus is based on the initial two Player cards (the Player’s first two cards). If the Player’s initial two cards are a natural eight or a natural nine, then the Player wins the side bet. The rules regarding the payouts for natural eights and nines will vary depending on the casino. Generally, the payout for a natural eight is 2:1, while the payout for a natural nine is 3:1.
If the initial two cards of the Player hand are not a natural eight or nine, then the bet will be a push (neither the Player nor the house will win or lose).
When placing a Dragon Bonus side bet, a player may also place a “Dragon Bonus Tie” bet. This bet pays out if the initial two Player cards are equal to the initial two Banker cards. The payout for a tie bet is usually 8:1.

What are the Odds of Winning the Dragon Bonus?

The odds of winning the Dragon Bonus depend on the initial two cards of the Player hand. If the Player’s initial two cards are a natural eight or a natural nine, then the player has a 7.69% chance of winning the bet. If the Player’s initial two cards are not a natural eight or nine, then the player has a 92.31% chance of not winning the bet.

Related content  How to Follow Someone in Baccarat

When it comes to the “Dragon Bonus Tie” bet, the player has a 9.53% chance of winning the bet.

What is the House Edge for the Dragon Bonus?

The house edge for the Dragon Bonus is 0%. This is because the payouts are based on true odds and the house does not have an edge. This makes the Dragon Bonus one of the most advantageous side bets in the game of Baccarat.

Conclusion

The Dragon Bonus is a popular side bet in the game of Baccarat. It is based on the initial two Player cards and pays out at true odds, meaning that the house does not have an edge. The odds of winning the Dragon Bonus depend on the Player’s initial two cards. If the Player’s initial two cards are a natural eight or nine, then the player has a 7.69% chance of winning the bet. If the Player’s initial two cards are not a natural eight or nine, then the player has a 92.31% chance of not winning the bet. The “Dragon Bonus Tie” bet has a 9.53% chance of winning. The house edge for the Dragon Bonus is 0%, making it one of the most advantageous side bets in the game of Baccarat.