The game of Baccarat is a popular casino game where players bet on which of the two hands will win, the player’s hand or the banker’s hand. While playing the game of Baccarat is relatively straightforward, there are some side bets that can also be made to add an extra layer of excitement to the game. In this article, we will discuss how to play baccarat side bets, what types of side bets are available and the odds of winning each side bet.
What Are Baccarat Side Bets?
Baccarat side bets are bets that are made in addition to the main bet on either the player’s hand or the banker’s hand. Side bets are optional and are not required to play the game, but can add an extra level of excitement for those looking for something a little different. Side bets often pay out higher than the main bet, but come with a greater risk as well.
Types of Baccarat Side Bets
There are a variety of side bets that can be made in Baccarat, each with its own odds of winning. The most popular side bets are:
1. Perfect Pairs: This bet pays out when the first two cards dealt to the player or banker form a pair.
2. Big/Small: This bet pays out when the total of the first two cards dealt to the player or banker are either greater than seven (big) or less than seven (small).
3. Dragon Bonus: This bet pays out when the player or banker’s hand is either a natural win or wins by a large margin.
4. Super 6: This bet pays out when the banker’s hand wins with a total of six.
5. Player Pair/Banker Pair: This bet pays out when either the player or banker hand is a pair.
Odds of Winning
The odds of winning each of the above side bets vary depending on the type of bet. The odds for the Perfect Pairs bet are 24.7%, the Big/Small bet is 46.3%, the Dragon Bonus bet is 6.7%, the Super 6 bet is 6.2%, and the Player Pair/Banker Pair bet is 11.1%.
Tips for Winning Baccarat Side Bets
While the odds of winning baccarat side bets are relatively low, there are a few tips that may help increase your chances of winning.
1. Stick to the main bet: It is usually best to stick to the main bet when playing Baccarat. The main bet has a higher chance of winning than the side bets and the payouts are usually smaller.
2. Know the odds: Knowing the odds of each side bet can help you make an informed decision when placing your bets.
3. Choose your bets wisely: It is important to choose your side bets wisely, as some may have better odds than others.
4. Set limits: Setting limits on how much you are willing to bet on side bets can help you avoid losing too much money.
Baccarat side bets can add an extra level of excitement to the game, but come with a greater risk than the main bet. Knowing the odds of each side bet and following the tips above can help you make an informed decision when placing your bets.